Plate cost based on yield at top
One of the great French Vietnamese dishes, truly fusion cuisine / street food at its finest. It can be filled with any meat, but we are using grass fed beef to lighten the dish and make it a bit healthier. Make sure to menu that you are using grass fed beef.
- 2 lbs marinated Cape Grim Skirt Steak
- pickled daikon & carrots, to taste
- 2 each French baguettes, freshly baked
- 2 T unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 C Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 English Cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C cilantro leaves, pulled
- 1 T soy sauce
- Prepare a grill and remove steak from refrigeration allowing it to come to room temperature. Once hot, grill to desired doneness. Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes. Slice against the grain and reserve
- Split baguettes lengthwise and spread butter on cut sides, briefly toast in a broiler until golden brown
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread about a tablespoon of mayonnaise on the bottom half of each baguette, then top with a layer of cucumber then jalapeños followed by a layer of beef then pickled carrots and daikon then cilantro.
- Sprinkle the top with a little soy sauce then close the baguettes. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve