Plate cost based on yield at top
This is a great marinade for any of the different cuts like skirt steak, flank steak, flap meat or even tri tip. If you want to add some heat, just sprinkle in a few chilies to the marinade or us gochujang directly into the mix.
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 3 T toasted sesame oil
- 3 T brown sugar
- 3 T dry sherry
- 3 T garlic, minced
- 1/2 C scallions, finely sliced
- 1/2 t black pepper, freshly ground
- 2.5 lbs Cape Grim Grass Fed Flap Meat
- butter lettuce or romaine lettuce cups for serving
- gochujang for serving
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, sherry, minced garlic, scallions and pepper together. Reserve in a large pan or plastic bag.
- Trim the grass fed flap meat into thin slices to make it easier and quicker for the marinade to absorb.
- Toss the meat with the marinade and cover, refrigerated for 4-12 hours.
- Prepare a hot charcoal grill and quickly cook flap meat medium rare. Remove and thinly slice against the grain.
- Serve with lettuce cups and gochujang for guests who like spicier dishes.